THE STAFF OF BILL’S SPORT SHOP
18388 Coastal Highway
Lewes, De. 19958
Bill' Sport Shop/Irish Eyes Striper Tournament
2012 Striper Tournament October 19th to December 7th. Entry Fee includes a free Tee Shirt and weekly buffet every Friday at Irish Eyes in Lewes from 5 PM to 7 PM
- Entry forms available at Bill's Sport Shop, Irish Eyes and at the door every Friday to 11/2.
- $75.00 entry fee per angler, includes tee shirt and buffet for angler only.
- $25.00 fee for a guest with angler at the buffet. 1 guest per angler. Additional guests can order from menu.
- $25.00 entry fee for tautog, must be in striper to enter tog.
- Last sign-up is November 2nd at close of business.
- All weigh-ins at Bill's Sport Shop during business hours.
- No weigh-ins after close of business December 6th.
- Door Prizes provided by: 4 Hot Laps at Dover by Cooper Realty, Eagle Claw, Coastal Fisherman, Dragon's Lair, Corky's Tackle, Maws Tails, E.P. Sales, Atlantic Cellular, Bucktail Bob, Seacoast Salon, Big Rock Sports, Saltwater Fly Anglers of Del., CaptainK "Sanddollar", Delaware Paddle Sports, 1/2 day Charters by: "Gummy Bear", "Gale Force", "Amethyst" ,"On Delivery", "Razorback", "Daddy'$ Money", "First Light Charter", "Lady GoDiver", “Lil’ Angler II”,
- Striper Prizes awarded as follows. IF 300 Anglers sign up, prize money will double.
- 1st place $1500.00
- 2nd place $1000.00
- 3rd place $500.00
- Tog prizes awarded as follows:
- 1st place 50% of Tog pot
- 2nd place 30% of Tog pot
- 3rd place 20% of Tog pot
-Prizes awarded December 7th, at Irish Eyes.
-Calcutta's as follows, winner take all!!!!
- Striper Calcutta, $50.00
-Striper Calcutta $100.00
- NEW THIS YEAR!!!
Weekly Heaviest Striper!!!
$20.00 gets you in for all 7 weeks, total pot divided by 7 will be awarded weekly. All fish must be weighed in by close of business Thursday and monies awarded Friday night. The week will run Friday morning to Thursday night.
Heaviest Bluefish ½ Day Charter
Lightest Legal Striper ½ Day Charter
Wildcard prizes will be drawn from ALL Anglers. Drawing will be held December 7th.
- $500.00 cash
- $300.00 Gift Certificate for "Portraits in the Sand"
- $100.00 Gift Card from West Marine
- Millman's Appliance
- All fish must be caught on rod and reel by registered contestant
- Winners will be determined by weight. In the event of a tie, first fish weighed in will be declared the winner.
- All anglers must comply with ALL Federal and Delaware laws regarding size and creel limits.
- Weather conditions will be the angler's decision-you will fish at your own discretion and accept full responsibility for your own decisions.
- All leader board contestants will be subject to polygraph at judges discretion.
- All fish entered will be subject to any examinations the judges deem necessary for the integrity of the tournament.
- Any violation of tournament rules shall constitute grounds for disqualification. Judges shall rule on any violation and their decision shall be final. No Refunds.
Sign up at Bill's Sport Shop, Irish Eyes, or billssportshop.com
All participants, by entry in this Tournament, release Bill's Sport Shop, it's owners and employees, and the owner's of the property on which any Tournament activity may occur, from any and all liability, or losses for liable, slander, damage, negligence, injury or death suffered by any entrant, participant, companion, crew, guest or family member that may result from any Tournament activity on land or sea. I understand and agree to abide by the rules of this Tournament as stated above.
>> Anglers fishing Massey’s Landing this week have found croaker, flounder, trout and puppy drum. In the suds, folks are finding kingfish, bluefish and short stripers. Trout have been reported at Roosevelt Inlet. Site 8 has croakers, and flounder at Site 10.
>> Received an email from Jim Bender: “Hi Bill's! Landed this 18" flattie about a half mile from the bridge in IRI...using a bare hook and sinker with live minnow. Depth gage showed 24' deep“
>> Fishing Report by Sue Foster: “Water Temp: 74.5 Fishing this week was still good on flounder. A surprising number of sheepshead and pompano were reported this week. Still lots of spot are in the bay and surf. Trout are about. We did have some weather that put a
damper on things for a few days! Surf anglers had to fight high surf and currents from the offshore storm for several days. Sea bass and flounder are biting offshore. Further offshore has seen a good bite on marlin“.
>> Sept. 22 - 23 Old Inlet’s 15th Annual 2012 Delaware Seashore Fall Fishing Classic
>> Oct. 6 - 7 DMS Invitational Surf-Fishing Tournament
>> Oct. 19 - Dec - 7 - Bill’s Sport Shop Striper Tournament
*****Hours 9/11/12*****Please note change in hours
Mon. – Thurs - 6 AM – 8 PM
Fri. - 6 AM – 10 PM
Sat., - 5 AM - 9 PM
Sun. - 5 AM - 7 - PM