THE STAFF OF BILL’S SPORT SHOP
18388 Coastal Highway
Lewes, De. 19958
Bill' Sport Shop/Irish Eyes Striper Tournament
2012 Striper Tournament October 19th to December 7th. Entry Fee includes a free Tee Shirt and weekly buffet every Friday at Irish Eyes in Lewes from 5 PM to 7 PM
- Entry forms available at Bill's Sport Shop, Irish Eyes and at the door every Friday to 11/2.
- $75.00 entry fee per angler, includes tee shirt and buffet for angler only.
- $25.00 fee for a guest with angler at the buffet. 1 guest per angler. Additional guests can order from menu.
- $25.00 entry fee for tautog, must be in striper to enter tog.
- Last sign-up is November 2nd at close of business.
- All weigh-ins at Bill's Sport Shop during business hours.
- No weigh-ins after close of business December 6th.
- Door Prizes provided by: 4 Hot Laps at Dover by Cooper Realty, Eagle Claw, Coastal Fisherman, Dragon's Lair, Corky's Tackle, Maws Tails, E.P. Sales, Atlantic Cellular, Bucktail Bob, Seacoast Salon, Big Rock Sports, Saltwater Fly Anglers of Del., CaptainK "Sanddollar", Delaware Paddle Sports, 1/2 day Charters by: "Gummy Bear", "Gale Force", "Amethyst" ,"On Delivery", "Razorback", "Daddy'$ Money", "First Light Charter", "Lady GoDiver", “Lil’ Angler II”,
- Striper Prizes awarded as follows. IF 300 Anglers sign up, prize money will double.
- 1st place $1500.00
- 2nd place $1000.00
- 3rd place $500.00
- Tog prizes awarded as follows:
- 1st place 50% of Tog pot
- 2nd place 30% of Tog pot
- 3rd place 20% of Tog pot
-Prizes awarded December 7th, at Irish Eyes.
-Calcutta's as follows, winner take all!!!!
- Striper Calcutta, $50.00
-Striper Calcutta $100.00
- NEW THIS YEAR!!!
Weekly Heaviest Striper!!!
$20.00 gets you in for all 7 weeks, total pot divided by 7 will be awarded weekly. All fish must be weighed in by close of business Thursday and monies awarded Friday night. The week will run Friday morning to Thursday night.
Heaviest Bluefish ½ Day Charter
Lightest Legal Striper ½ Day Charter
Wildcard prizes will be drawn from ALL Anglers. Drawing will be held December 7th.
- $500.00 cash
- $300.00 Gift Certificate for "Portraits in the Sand"
- $100.00 Gift Card from West Marine
- Millman's Appliance
Entry Information: Sign up at Bill's Sport Shop, Irish Eyes, or billssportshop.com
Please visit web site for more info.
>> Richard Cease, Seaford, DE, caught a 4.5# flounder at IRI using Gulp.
>> Dubi Mejia, Georgetown, DE, caught a 2.11#, 21.5” trout at IRI on a Zoom lure.
>> Sea bass and false albacore are being reported south of A buoy.
>> Dave Ammon, Lehighton, PA, nailed a citation flounder weighing 9.6# and 30” long at the VFW Slough on white Gulp!
>> Dexter Long, Georgetown, DE, caught a 5.3#, 22 1/8” flounder at IRI on a bucktail
>> Tim Wallace reported that at Cape Henelopen State Park the king fish were hitting on fresh mullet and they were weighing in at just under a pound.
>> A couple of surf fishermen came in for more mullet...said they ran out after fishing at CHSP. Blues were the order of the day as they were hitting fish up to 16” on whole mullet rigs.
>> Blues up to 14# are being caught at IRI on Gottchas’ (white and silver) at the change of tide.
>> Leon Martin, Leola, PA, sent us a photo of a gar he caught while fishing at Delaware Reef Site 10, on boxed squid. He had two other hits but they shook the hook while tail walking.
>> Bill Baker, Jr. fished at Massey's Landing yesterday and caught 4 different species--striper, tog, sea bass and red drum which were all caught on sand fleas. They were biting all day! Had a great time!
>> Anglers are reporting boating their limit of flounder and lots of sea bass at “A” Buoy.
>> Bert fished the Pier with cut bait and was rewarded with a 24”, 5 1/2# flounder.
>> Fishing Report by Sue Foster: Water Temp: 70.2. Fishing this week was still good on flounder. Anglers are still bailing sheepshead at the South Jetty. Anglers are starting to catch tautog. Surf was absolutely fantastic on Thursday and Friday with snapper blues, kingfish, spot, and small puppy drum. Anglers even reported some runs of short stripers! Good dolphin bite offshore. Further offshore has seen an excellent marlin bite.
>> Tautog opens Saturday<<
>> Outermost section of Cape Henlopen Fishing Pier
to be demolished and removed for safety reasons
>> Oct. 6 - 7 DMS Invitational Surf-Fishing Tournament
>> Oct. 19 - Dec - 7 - Bill’s Sport Shop Striper Tournament
*****Hours 9/25/12*****Please note change in hours
Mon. – Thurs - 6 AM – 8 PM
Fri. - 6 AM – 10 PM
Sat., - 5 AM - 9 PM
Sun. - 5 AM - 7 - PM